The First Book’s A’Comin’.
Here’s the Latest News.
While You’re Here:
1 – Get the Latest Book Updates.
Get on the list and be the first to know when the Fifth First is Read. Discounts and coupons will also be sent through this list.
2 – Read Everything.
This link will take you to the blog, though I recommend doing what I do and hit the Randomize button at the top.
3 – Get Relevant Updates.
This one gets you all the significant updates in my writing career. For slice-of-life stuff, try my Letters Back Home.
Here’s the Latest From Said Blog:
- Why I audio binge-read Neil Gaiman’s Books - The main reason I first audio binge-read Neil Gaiman’s’ novels, as opposed to starting with Pratchett, Lovecraft, or Dick, was that Gaiman narrated most of his books and those narrations were available at the local library. TLDR It was early fall 2017 in East Bay. I needed to exercise. I needed to read. I had …
- “No, we don’t own the Bistro,” and how neighbors work together ’round here. - Short: Who owns Garibaldi Portside Bistro? That’s Dennis & Amanda Cavitt of Garibaldi, Oregon. They live behind us, or we live to their side, or something like that. The Cavitts were the one who purchased the building that housed The Troller Restaurant & Lounge, and that’s where quite a few of us spent much of …
- My 2020 Weight Watchers Word (and “Happy New Year!”) - I do Weight Watchers (now WW, now MyWW…) with my wife, families from church, and fellow cravings enthusiasts. My mother & her best friend are also doing it back in Chicago along with my mother-in-law’s best friend out there. Every Monday night (it used to be Tuesday, and it might to back to Tuesday) we …
About My Books of Blues:
In 1998, I finished school, stole time, skipped seminary, and slipped away to write Books of Blues.
I spent a lot of time working and living, not realizing it was research. I also pissed off a few friends who thought I strayed from the path & deserted them.
By 2008, I finished first drafts to one and a half Books of Blues.
Then my career it full swing and I started doing a lot of digital marketing. Probably too much. I’m still working on rebuilding strength to atrophied muscle groups because I sat in a chair so much.
Now in 2018, my wife tells me it’s time to finish those Books of Blues.
They’re always spinning in my head. My characters have been in my head so long they’re legally old enough to drink. So long as the Mrs. doesn’t mind that I get lost on that Book of Blues world for hours at a time, losing track of all the time I steal.
Here’s to seeing it through to the end.
- Brunswick, Maine by my mama.
- Valparaiso, Indiana (AKA The Region suburbs of Chicago) by my family.
- Southwest Florida for so many incredible family holidays.
- San Francisco Bay Area, California by #coinflip for four years. Got a little too addicted to the weather, wineries, and craft brews there – when the air was clean enough to breathe outside.
- Now, Oregon. With a plan for a home along the Oregon Coast and a little condo in Portland.
And all the roads and flight routes in between.
Once Those Books Are Written.
I hope to get them published. On my terms. It won’t be enough to see them in print.
If I wanted that, I’d go to AuthorHouse. Either way, DB Frazier is hoping I get them finished soon so he can read them and Pollack it with his red marker. Deep, bold, blood red marker.
I Encourage All Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions.
Unless you’re a troll, spammer, scammer, or suck as a person. Otherwise, Contact Me.