Here Lies the Journals, Notes, and Research Chronicling My Path(s) to Writing & Publishing Books of Blues. Hopefully.
Enjoy. Scroll & Push Buttons & Stuff.
While You’re Here:
1 – Get the Latest Book Updates.
Get on the list and be the first to know when the
Fifth First is Read. Discounts and coupons will also be sent through this list.
2 – Read Everything.
This link will take you to the blog, though I recommend doing what I do and hit the Randomize button at the top.
3 – Get Relevant Updates.
This one gets you all the significant updates in my writing career. For slice-of-life stuff, try my Letters Back Home.
Here’s the Latest From Said Blog:
- Otis and our experience adopting a rescue dog in Tillamook County, OR - Katie & I have been talking about getting a bigger dog since we moved from California. One that could run in the yard. One that could stand up to a coyote. One that could be integrated into our dog tribe as Enzo & Lily get up there in age. We started thinking more & more …
- “War is war, and Hell is Hell.” - Any conflict I had on which TV show to bingewatch after bucket-listing Doctor Who was resolved by the above meme I saw last Sunday night on Facebook. I stole it from the friend. He was cool with it. He probably stole it. Thus, Facebook. One can never go wrong with the 4077. For it being …
- “How’s the other coast?” - We’re sheltered from most the world here in this fishing village along the “other coast.” It’s funny, I’ve now lived near the Atlantic coast, Third coast, South Shore, Gulf Coast, Bay Area, and now Tillamook Bay & the Oregon Coast. I really am afraid to be away from water, I think. And afraid to boat. …
About My Books of Blues:
In 1998, I finished school, stole time, skipped seminary, and slipped away to write Books of Blues.
I spent a lot of time working and living, not realizing it was research. I also pissed off a few friends who thought I strayed from the path & deserted them.
By 2008, I finished first drafts to one and a half Books of Blues.
Then my career it full swing and I started doing a lot of digital marketing. Probably too much. I’m still working on rebuilding strength to atrophied muscle groups because I sat in a chair so much.
Now in 2018, my wife tells me it’s time to finish those Books of Blues.
They’re always spinning in my head. My characters have been in my head so long they’re legally old enough to drink. So long as the Mrs. doesn’t mind that I get lost on that Book of Blues world for hours at a time, losing track of all the time I steal.
Here’s to seeing it through to the end.
- Brunswick, Maine by my mama.
- Valparaiso, Indiana (AKA The Region suburbs of Chicago) by my family.
- Southwest Florida for so many incredible family holidays.
- San Francisco Bay Area, California by #coinflip for four years. Got a little too addicted to the weather, wineries, and craft brews there – when the air was clean enough to breathe outside.
- Now, Oregon. With a plan for a home along the Oregon Coast and a little condo in Portland.
And all the roads and flight routes in between.
Once Those Books Are Written.
I hope to get them published. On my terms. It won’t be enough to see them in print.
If I wanted that, I’d go to AuthorHouse. Either way, DB Frazier is hoping I get them finished soon so he can read them and Pollack it with his red marker. Deep, bold, blood red marker.
I Encourage All Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions.
Unless you’re a troll, spammer, scammer, or suck as a person. Otherwise, Contact Me.